All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Diccionario Inglés-Español

BETA Online Dictionary Spanish-English: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáÉé...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Englisch-Spanisch
 todo vale »
« Colocon cham???    

Spanish-English Translation of
Show no mercy as

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
"Show no mercy" as a formal imperative  
by DreamyWriter, 2017-01-31, 04:35  Spam?  45.18.139...
I am thinking about writing a short story about a Mexican bounty hunter with the command "Show no mercy" written on her gun in Spanish. I thought it might be "Muestre ninguna piedad" but after doing more research I was wondering if "No muestre piedad" would be better. Are both correct? Are both incorrect?

I was also wondering if there was a reason "piedad" would be used instead of "clemencia" or "misericordia."

Thank you!
Answer:
Hope it helps you  #863994
by suigetsu1810, 2017-01-31, 21:10  Spam?  84.122.234....
If what you want is to put it on the gun , the best option in my opinion would be to put "Sin piedad" , it sounds way more direct  than "Muestre ninguna piedad"(also, muestre ninguna piedad is not gramatically correct).
"No muestre piedad" is also correct, but it doesn´t really fit well.
Clemencia could be used if you put "Sin mostrar clemencia".
Misericordia isn´t used there because it´s not a complete synonim and in that situation it isn´t used. It also often has to do with expressions about god.

I hope it helps you and sorry for my english if i´ve done any mistake

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
Spanish-English online dictionary (Diccionario Inglés-Español) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads